- KRPC July 2020 Meeting Agenda 16 Jul 20
- Co-option Notice 10 June 2020 13 Jun 20
- Notice of Public Rights and Publication of Annual Governance & Accountability Return 19/20 13 Jun 20
- APPLICATION REF. 20/00210/FUL 01 Jun 20
- 200519 Draft Kings Ripton PC Minutes 28 May 20
News and Events
Daily Archives: 19 Oct 15
This is a message sent via eCops. This information has been sent on behalf of Action Fraud (National Fraud Intelligence Bureau)
Fraudsters are targeting online advertising platforms where items are acquired for free. The fraudsters will list items on the website and advise any purchasers that they have recently moved from the area they were originally living in and can arrange a courier to dispatch the items for a fee.
The payment requested for this service is usually via Money Transfer such as MoneyGram or Western Union, or an e-money voucher. The items they were promised are not received and any attempts to contact the individual to gain a refund are unsuccessful.
- Stay within the auction guidelines stipulated on the website.
- Ask to view the item in person.
- Be cautions of making advance payments to a stranger via Money Transfer or e-money products.
- If the item advertised seems too good to be true, it probably is.
If you believe that you have been a victim of fraud you can report it online http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud or by telephone 0300 123 2040.